Saturday, December 8, 2007

don't forget to Read the fine Print!

I am realizing through several recent experiences that it pays to listen to instructions and read the fine print! Recently I have been trying to make a little extra money by putting some adds on my blog. I thought I had met all the requirements necessary but I didn't read the fine print! I knew that they required at least 20 blogs with no more than 20 days between each blog. But I didn't pay attention to the requirement that they also want the 20 blogs to be within 90 days of eachother! Shame on me!

Another fine print experience occurred when I payed a plane ticket using billmelater. This allows you time, up to several months to pay a plane ticket with no interest. If after those months are up and there is still a balance, you have to begin paying on the balance at this crazy interest rate...(20% or above). I thought this would be fine because I knew that I could pay the bill off before the last statement date of the "no interest" period. But, upon looking at the fine print, the date I needed to pay the balance off was not the same date as the statement date (the day they say a payment is due) it was before! If I hadn't read the fine print I would have thought I made the payment on time to avoid the interest when really I would not have!

So folks, please learn from me and take time to read the fine print! It will save you a lot of heart-ache and hassels.

No comments: