Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The most important thing in the world

I am a 1st degree black belt in Cuong Nhu, a vietnamese style of martial art. For our black belt test we are evaluated on our communication skills as well as our physical skills. Writing a paper is one of the requirements as well as speaking to an audience about the subject of the paper that was submitted for our test. I chose to write about teaching because I believe it is the best way to make a difference in the world. Everything, and I mean everything, is based on teaching! Without it we would have no way to share our knowlege with eachother, no way to build off of what others previously learned. No technology, no art, no religion, no sports... And I could go on and on. Thank goodness we treat our teachers with so much respect nowadays! I mean what would happen if we didn't ourselves teach our children to respect teachers; if we didn't teach them to value learning and education; if we took our teachers for granted; if we... Wait a minute... Isn't this already happenning?

No comments: