Thursday, October 4, 2007

Memoirs of a Mission Trip III

When we landed in Antigua it turned out we had a little more layover time than we originally thought, so several of us went up the escalator and back down the concourse to buy something to eat. Eventually it started getting fairly close to time everyone should be boarding the plane, but there were 2 teenagers of our group missing! So I said they were probably still waiting in line at one of the restaraunts in the concourse and I would find them. I ran up the escalator and ran up and down the concourse shouting their names and looking in every souvenier store, magazine mart, and fast food place on the enitre concourse. I couldn't find them anywhere! I eventually came to the customs gate and turned around becaues I just knew they wouldn't have done something like go back outside the customs gate! No one would do that! So when I returned to the gate out plane were leaving from the flight assistant was insisting that we start boarding the plane. Our minister said that we should go on and that he would stay back, which made me a little nervous. Okay it made me very nervous. We boarded the 20 passenger twin-propeller airplane, the pilot started teh engines, and just as I was starting to complain in my mind about how this was not the best way to start a mission trip and wondering how long it would take them to meet up with us in Dominca, I saw our minister and the two missing of our group come towards our plane. I thought Praise God! I also thought I was really going to have to watch this complaining of mine. Because as we landed in Dominica what was there but, yep, you guessed it! Another opportunity to complain!

No comments: