Sunday, October 21, 2007

I forgot again...

This morning I was listening to NPR and they interviewed a doorman to a popular new york hotel. This was his first job and he has had the same job for decades. His job is to greet people who walk in front of the hotel and enter the hotel and to treat everyone like "a VIP". He told a story of how he helped a man who had a big meeting shine his shoes even when the barber shops were closed. So this doorman ran to his own locker, got his own shoe polish and rag and shined the man's shoes for him! The door man said his father always told him...Be the type of person and live the kind of life, that if everyone were to be like you...this world would be God's paradise. I was so thankful for those words because again, forgetful me... I had forgotten. I had the chance a few days ago to do a nice thing but stress from work and incovenience got in the way. I did help little, but my attitude was not altogether the right one and it was clear to see that. But this morning I was reminded...of what the doorman's father said and how I want to live by it. As a christian my goal is to live a godly life, share that life with others so they can live a godly life, and in following God and living a Godly life all of us can have the most fulfilling life possible, in this world and the next. So I continue to strive for what the doorman's father said to be more than just a saying to me. And I pray for the day when the doorman's saying can become a reality for more and more people.

No comments: