Monday, October 1, 2007

Memoirs of a mission trip II

So after rushing around the Miami airport we caught our flight to San Juan Peurto Rico! Here finding the right gate and flight was a little more challenging than at Miami because we didn't speak spanish! Also it looked like we would have to squeeze to the make the next flight because even though we had a substantial layover there were several steps we had to take before getting on the next flight. We needed to go through customs, pick up our luggage, find where our next flight was leaving from, carry our luggage to the liat airline (leeward island air transport) recheck our bags, go back through customs and then get to the gate where our next flight was leaving. I tried to remind myself not to complain. To think about Phil 2:14 where the bible tells us to do all things without complaining and disputing, but it was very very hard! And I found myself muttering complaints under my breath almost unconsciously. But after reminding myself of the reason I was on this trip I was better able to focus on the blessings. Like how we had made it safely and all together thus far. Though, I did have to redouble my efforts after we landed in Antigua...

No comments: