Friday, September 28, 2007

The big Day!

My family is just as weird and funny as anybody's, and I would like to share some of those priceless experiences with you. "I hope I don't embarass anyone!" I remember when... my brother was about to be born. I was about 7 years old then and was very excited! I had even told my elementary school class and they were excited too! That day I was called out of class to go to the hospital where my mother had my little brother Travis. The coolest thing about it was that I was in the delivery room and was present during the birth. I got to see my brother's head peek out and I even (though I was deathly afraid of cutting something valuable) got to cut his umbilical chord! Well, I was so enthused that I went back to school and told the whole class about being there for the birth of my brother for show and tell. And I was sure not to leave out any details! I mean I told them EVERYTHING. (I had to compensate since I couldn't show, only tell) Well, I think the class enjoyed my talk and description of my brother's birth! I just know that I am always thankful that I was a part of that wonderful event. And, through my storytelling exploits, so was my whole second grade class!

No comments: