Monday, September 10, 2007

Isn't it funny when...

Isn't it funny when gross stuff happens unexpectedly to your family members and not to you? Well, I remember back in April I went to a botannical gardens at a place called Moody Gardens in Galveston TX. The botannical gardents held many trees, reptiles, and birds from the different rainforrest habitats around the world, and some of the animals were free to range and walk whereever they wanted to!

It just so happened that as my brother and I were looking at ducks and monkeys over a small pond some white gooey stuff landed on my brother's arm! It turned out to be bird doo from the colorful bird standing on the branch right above us. My brother made a gutteral sound conveying how disgusted he was and then turned to head for a bathroom. Frantically trying to pull my camera out of its case, I said "Travis," hoping he would turn around and I could get a good pic of it! But he knew what I was up to instantly and immediately said "NO" and started running! So I only got a picture of him running to the bathroom.

After we finished the tour I asked if he enjoyed the botannical gardens. He said "It's okay," When clearly it was better than okay, and it was also clear that he enjoyed himself! I said he didn't like it just because he got doo-dooed on! And to tell you the truth, if an event like that had happened to me I would have been traumatized as well!

But wait a minute, an event like that did happen to me! It was at a family vacation...

1 comment:

Michael said...

That's a great story.... I'm glad to hear your family has gotten to come down for a few days. It was good talking to you the other day. We put a link to your blog on ours!
mgbryan99.blogspot.com