Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tricking Myself

I think its amazing how sometimes we can trick ourselves into thinking things don’t matter to us or don’t worry us when they really do. On occasion, I have actually been able to fool myself into thinking that I am not worried about a particular situation, and then later come to find that my worry was nonstop!

Recently I celebrated another year that God has given me on this earth. I was very blessed to have many people wish me a happy birthday and give me cards and gifts. Last year things were a little different because I had just recently moved to Texas and therefore didn’t know many people and I didn’t tell many people that it was my birthday. I convinced myself that it wasn’t a huge deal, but I realize now that it was a big deal for me, and I think it is for most people. Every person on this earth needs love, and needs love expressed to them, especially during important times. When I say expression of love it doesn’t necessarily have to be an expensive gift. It can be a really good hug, or an encouraging word on a small card, or even an encouraging word from someone’s lips, or even a picture; the kind that expresses what we find hard to put into words. We should all take the time to tell those we love that we love them, and not only that, but to also tell them why. For loving is not a passive activity, it is an active one. And God leads the way in showing His love for us and provides the example that we should show our love for others by acting, not just feeling. For true love is shown by our actions.

“Let us not love in word and in tongue, but in deed and in truth” 1 John 3:18

I thank all of those who have shown me their love on my birthday. I thank you and hope to show my love for you in return.

No comments: