Monday, September 10, 2007

Every Day embarrassments

I have been involved in martial arts ever since I began college, which has been for about 8 years now. I was thrilled to be able to start a Cuong Nhu dojo (the style I train in) when I moved to Houston Texas because of an engineering job at the Johnson Space Center. As a head instructor I try to be dignified and respectful, and hardworking, and positive, so that I can set a good example for my students but also because that is the kind of person I aspire to be. But tonight, it just was not meant to be! I walked into the work-out building, passing some of my students and saying hello. Then proceeded to the locker room to change into my uniform. That is when I realized that I had packed two tops, and nooooo pants! Oh No! I imagined myself leading punching drills with a uniform top and only underwear on. That was a crazy image! How can I teach with a uniform top and no pants! Well, I couldn't. So, I had to put back on my civilian pants and let them know that I needed to run back to my apartment and why. They had a good laugh! Thankfully the other sensei (teacher) was there to warm up the class while I left to go get the rest of my uniform. I hope that they won't start teasing about this incident. I am already embarassed enough at what happened!

No comments: