Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Have you ever?...Cont'd again and again

So...

There I was with no car because I wrecked it, and now with no bike because the tire went flat! All I could do was just walk my bike all the way back to my apartment, and that was quite a long way! As I walked in the black night with my bike beside me, I had time to fume over how bad my luck had been recently, especially concerning transportation. I can't believe this! I kept saying to myself. And as more time went by instead of looking at all the inconvenient things that happened to me, I began to look at the amazing things right in front of my face. Just the fact that I had already secured rides to every place i needed to be that week was such a blessing! I had a ride to work, I had a ride from work, I had a ride to bible study and from bible study. I had a ride to church and from church. I was even offered a car to drive around in until I could get another one! I was so blessed to be surrounded by people who would inconvenience themselves to help me! Well, I began to realize that maybe my situation wasn't so bad. That I was thankful for those times where we are forced to slow down and reflect and realize how truly blessed we are!

No comments: